Atlanta, GA – A 14-year-old boy in Atlanta is being credited with saving the lives of his neighbors after a fire broke out in the apartment building where he lives. The boy woke up to the smell of smoke, which led him to find flames emerging from his neighbor’s apartment wall. Thankfully, the boy’s mother had previously taught him how to use a fire extinguisher, so he was able to put out a significant portion of the flames with a portable fire extinguisher before fire crews arrived on the scene. While four apartment units were damaged, nobody was injured. One neighbor said that had the boy not helped before firefighters arrived, things may have ended differently.
Atlanta teen saves neighbors with portable fire extinguisher
Posted on 7.5.20