Fort Kent firefighters respond when phone charger catches fire

The Fort Kent Fire Department used grant money to acquire a new utility vehicle.

Fort Kent, Maine – A fire emergency in Maine could have been much worse if not for the preparedness of the homeowners. Fire officials say a young man was trying to rig up a cell phone charger and splicing some wires before setting it on bedside table to take a shower. The young man’s parents, who were at home, heard smoke detectors and saw smoke coming from the bedroom. The homeowners used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames. Damage was limited to a burned the nightstand and scorched bed. There were no injuries.

St. John Valley Times/Fiddlehead Focus (Madawaska, ME)

« Back to Articles