Cooking fire stopped with portable fire extinguisher

La Grange Park, IL – In La Grange Park, IL, firefighters responded after an automatic fire alarm was triggered at a 27-unit apartment complex. Upon entering the complex, they found that a kitchen fire had been put out by a resident using a portable fire extinguisher. Thanks to the resident’s response, damage was limited to the kitchen, and no one was injured. After the incident, fire officials highlighted the importance of fire safety, encouraging everyone to keep a portable fire extinguisher and check smoke detectors regularly.

Chicago Tribune – La Grange Park, IL


« Back to Articles